Welcome to Year 2
Teachers in Year 2
YEAR 2 PROJECTS
Our project for the first half term is Pirates. We will be having lots of fun. Here is what we are going to be doing this half term:
*We will be creating our own pirates and wanted posters
*Researching famous pirates
*Making our own ships
*Investigating floating and sinking
*Looking at places pirates travelled
*Making our own pirate treasure maps
We will also be visiting Liverpool Museum on Friday the 6th of September to learn all about Pirates!
Projects for the rest of the year
Autumn 2: Kingdoms and castles
Spring 1: On the Move
Spring 2: We Are What We Eat?
Summer 1: Who Lives Here? Habitats and Homes
Summer 2: Oh I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside!
PE is on a 2week timetable, so check below to see when your child needs to bring their P.E kit in. It is essential that your child has a sensible, clean P.E kit to wear.
Thursday: Circuit Training
Tuesday : Gym
- Make sure that your child completes their homework every week.
- They will receive Maths and English every Friday.
- They have to hand their Maths and English homework in on a Monday.
- They have to hand their learning journal in on a Friday.(Learning journals are to be completed in pencils only).
- Make sure that your child reads every single night. Encourage them to read a variety of different books.
- Record how they read in their reading records.
- Ask your child questions about the book e.g.
- Can you predict what will happen next?
- Can you describe how the character might be feeling?
- Can you summarise the key points in the story?
- Is this fiction or non-fiction? How do you know?
- Ensure that your child regularly practices their handwriting at home.
- Encourage your child to write his/her own stories for fun.
- Encourage your child to practice times tables at home.
- Ask your child mental Maths questions as often as possible e.g. when you are sat in the car/ walking to school/ sat together at home. You could ask them additions, subtractions, doubles etc.
- Ask any siblings if they can remember a Maths game that they played in school and encourage them to play together to make Maths fun.