Welcome to our Wellbeing Ambassador page, Miss. Livsey and Mrs Shepherd our Learning Mentors lead the children. The idea behind Wellbeing Ambassadors is to help any child who attends Broadfield Community Primary School feel included in school life. Especially during playtimes and dinnertimes when the children have free time and can choose whom they play with. The Ambassadors have been equipt with training necessary to offer help to children needing emotional guidance and be able to relay information to the Learning Mentors if they feel it is needed.
- Include children in playground games
- Befriend lonely children and help them make friends
- Make sure new children know where the toilet is, how to get to the playground from the dining hall
- Introduce new children to the adults who look after them at lunchtime
- Work along side Learning Mentors to identify children needing assistance
The Wellbeing Ambassadors will wear a bag so they are easy to identify, the bag contains tools and activities to use with the children in the playground and in their classes. There will usually be three Ambassadors on duty at one time and they will patrol the playground making themselves available to whoever needs them.
The hope is that our Wellbeing Ambassadors will make sure no child at Broadfield Community Primary School feels lonely, worried and all children will have someone to play with.