Administration of Medication
1. Medication will only be administered by trained staff. Each team has a trained staff member in the
‘Administration of medication.
2. School only administers prescribed medicine that is required four times a day / before lunch / equally
3. Parent to complete a medication form.
4. Storage of medication is as directed on label in medical room.
5. Medication to be clearly labelled, in date and stored in the medical room
6. Administer as directed by parent/label, log on medical tracker and send confirmation message to parent.
Always check it’s the correct pupil., medicine, dosage, time & route.
7. Return medication to parent upon end of treatment.
School provides ‘Junior Paracetamol’ medication. Annual consent by parent is obtained, and double-checked when
required. Any doses to be recorded on medical tracker.