APPLICATION FOR ABSENCE FROM SCHOOL DURING TERM TIME
The school will not authorise leave of absence during term time. This includes absence for holidays and family occasions. Absences of this nature will be recorded as unauthorised. If your child has 10 school sessions (5 days) spread over one or more occasions, then the school will refer to the Local Authority who will issue a Penalty Notice. The fine payable is £60 per parent, per child and applies regardless of whether the parents reside at the same address. If this is not paid within 21 days, then the fine rises to £120. The school does not receive this money.
- Leave of Absence which is requested for the following reasons will not be authorised:
- Relatives coming to visit
- Cheaper holidays in England or abroad
- Family day trips
- Visiting family/friends who have different half terms or holidays
- Birthday treats
- Availability of cheap holidays/flights
- Availability of desired accommodation
- Poor weather experienced in school holiday periods
- Extended leave to visit family abroad during term time
It would not be expected that ‘exceptional’ circumstances would occur more than once during a child’ time at school.
Parents who take their children out of school without permission could be issued with a penalty notice from the local authority. If a penalty notice is left unpaid, this could result in a prosecution through the courts.
We reserve the right to arrange an appointment with educational welfare officer should we believe it necessary.
If you wish your child to be absent from school, please complete this form and return it to school at least two weeks before the intended absence.